Have You Tried Our Organic Bittersweet Chocolate?

Some of the best things in life are often described as bittersweet: Memories, coffee, various fruits… but the one thing that comes to most people’s mind is probably chocolate!

Cacao in its natural state is relatively bitter, which is why sugar is often added to sweeten it up and make it more palatable. Whereas milk chocolate uses dairy additives, given today is National Bittersweet Chocolate Day, we’re celebrating the darker variety.

Bittersweet chocolate is 70% cocoa, with the remaining 30% being made up of sweeteners. We have two different forms of bittersweet chocolate: chips and wafers.

Our wafers are certified organic discs of chocolate, around the same size as a quarter coin. Wafers are great for recipes that require melted chocolate due to their thin size allowing for a quick and easy melting process.    

Chips can also be melted down as well, but their chip size holds its shape more so than the wafers will. The chip shape is ideal for adding to baked goods like chocolate chip cookies or double chocolate muffins. We have three varieties of chocolate in chip form:


Organic Fair Trade

Organic – No Sugar Added

Our No Sugar Added chocolate chips are great for anyone who needs to monitor their sugar intake. Instead of cane sugar, the 30% sweetener portion is comprised of erythritol, agave inulin, and stevia.

All four of these chocolates are produced in a plant that is free of 8 major allergens: Milk, Tree Nuts, Eggs, Wheat, Fish, Peanuts, Shellfish and Soybeans.

Shop more of our cocoa varieties at everyday wholesale pricing on bulknaturaloils.com!