When formulating a product, you need the right ingredients to reduce or eliminate separation. Oil and water are the base ingredients for many products from baked goods to cosmetics, but we all know those two don’t mix! That’s where emulsifiers come in. Emulsifiers are a substance that stabilizes the mixing of two liquids that are unmixable. Jedwards International proudly offers a variety of emulsifiers for you to create the emulsion needed for your product.
Glyceryl Monostearate (C1018), commonly referred to as GMS, is an odorless white powder, with more uses than just emulsifying. It thickens, preserves, and gives body to products. Personal care products use GMS as an emulsifier, but it is also an emollient, creating a barrier to help water retention of the skin.
Emulsifying Wax is a common ingredient added to many cosmetic formulations. In addition to being an effective emulsifier, they are also used for stabilizing and thickening products. We offer two forms of Emulsifying Wax:
- Emulsifying Wax NF (B4055) – “NF” indicates that it meets the National Formulary standards, and can be listed as such on your ingredient list
- Emulsifying Wax – Organic (B4056) – a blend of organic certified beeswax, lecithin, and carnauba wax
Lecithin is a naturally occurring fatty chemical group in plant and animal cells, including our own! It is added to food as an additive, a stabilizing agent, or to stop separation. You can find it used in cosmetic products for thickening and emulsifying as well. It is common for lecithin to be taken as a nutritional supplement as well. Both our sunflower and soy lecithin are antioxidants and behave very similarly when used. The major difference between them is that soy allergies are more popular than sunflower allergies, so many people opt for sunflower lecithin.
We offer both in liquid and powder forms:
- Sunflower Lecithin – Liquid Organic (S1609)
- Sunflower Lecithin – Liquid Non-GMO (S1608)
- Sunflower Lecithin – Powder Organic (S1611)
- Sunflower Lecithin – Powder Non-GMO (S1612)
- Soy Lecithin – Liquid Organic (S1603)
- Soy Lecithin – Powder Organic (S1607)
You can find all these emulsifiers at bulk wholesale prices and more at bulknaturaloils.com!